Trade shows are a great opportunity for businesses to connect with potential customers and generate leads. However, with so many exhibitors competing for attention, it can be difficult to stand out and attract the right leads.
Now, we know you must have a lot on your plate, as you prepare for your next trade show or exhibition. From planning for a unique and attractive booth, to brainstorming tactics on engaging with the attendees, the to-do list is endless. So, we’ll keep this blog short and simple.
Below are some quick and easy tips and strategies to attract the right leads at your next event.
Whether you’re a small business owner or a marketing professional, these tips will help you make the most of your trade show or expo experience and generate valuable leads for your business.
- Have a clear and eye-catching booth design that showcases your products or services.
- Offer a free giveaway or raffle to encourage people to leave their contact information.
- Have knowledgeable staff on hand to answer questions and engage with attendees. Make sure your staff are dressed to impress. Customised uniforms will give your staff a professional look and for your booth visitors, a lasting first impression!
- Host a presentation or demonstration of your products or services to attract a crowd and generate interest. Be creative to increase the footfall for your booth. You can install digital screens, media walls or pull up banners to achieve this.
- Network with other businesses and industry professionals to expand your reach and gain leads or strategic alliances within the industry.
- Use social media platforms and email automations to promote your participation at the event and engage with attendees before, during and after the event.
- Have a simple lead capture system, by using webforms or QR codes which are an easy way for attendees to submit their contact information.
- Follow up with leads quickly after the event to maintain the momentum and convert them into customers.
If you are seeking assistance with customised uniforms, branded signage, or custom promotional products, you have landed at the right place! Red Roo has 35+ years of experience, serving a wide range of industries with customised uniforms, promotional products, and branded signage for all occasions. Talk to our team today to find out how we can put your brand in front of thousands of potential customers at your next event.
Are you ready for expo season?
Australia is expected to host more than 300 trade shows, expos and conferences in the FY2022-23. Expos are a great way to meet potential clients, build brand awareness and create valuable alliances.
With a stand at an expo, you and your team are ‘on the ground’, face to face with your market in a way that few other events or marketing channels can. So, it pays to make sure that you and your expo stand reflect who you are and what your branding is all about.
Let’s look at 5 ways to stand out at your next expo:
#1 Invest in an eye-catching display
At an expo, there are usually hundreds, sometimes thousands, of exhibitors in one area all vying for attention. It’s important to stand out from your competitors and attract potential clients over to your display.
You’ve only got one shot to make your first impression count so make sure you’ve got a clear goal on what you want to achieve, and the message aligns with your objectives. Things to consider include:
- colours consistent with your brand,
- maximising space within the confines of your stand,
- wording and product display for maximum visibility.
Items that can catch the eyes of potential clients include anything that moves. For example, flags, corflute signs, media walls, mascots and live animals. If you opt for some flags but there’s no breeze coming through your stand, use a fan.
#2 Give away a Freebie
Giving away free stuff is always a good way to grow brand awareness and attract potential clients. Branded t-shirts, drink bottles, reusable coffee cups, tech products, and even bottled water are just some of the giveaway ideas that are proven to work. Try these or opt for something a bit more unique, like socks, sunglasses, puzzles, headphones, bottle openers … the options are endless.
People always remember kindness and what made them happy. Offer a freebie for anyone who puts their name in a barrel to win something big, and you’ve not only created a smile on somebody’s face with a free gift, you’ve managed to build a ‘potential client’ database at the same time.
#3 Dress like a Dream Team
Uniforms look professional and identify workers as individuals who are associated with your company and products. They can inspire confidence in your prospects and show that your company is established and reliable. This makes uniforms an essential marketing strategy.
Consistency in employee appearance can create a positive impression on customers and contribute to projecting a favourable corporate image. Requiring all of your staff working on the expo stand to wear customised uniforms can help promote a feeling of unity too, like the dream team!
#4 Create multi-sensory experiences
Connecting all the senses can be key when wanting to create lasting impressions with expo attendees. Create a multi-sensory experience by including something each for people’s sight, sound, touch, taste and smell.
Virtual reality simulators, distinctive changeable lighting, interactive displays, appropriate background music, touch-panel interfaces, live demonstrations, hands-on opportunities and pleasant scents can all amplify attendees’ sensory abilities, engaging them and providing them with an experience they won’t forget.
#5 Keep Calm and Smile
Expos can be long and sometimes exhausting but it’s always better to stand rather than sit. People are far less likely to come and talk to you if you’re sitting down behind the counter in your stand, even more so if you’re looking at your phone.
If you want to attract people, stand about a metre away from your exhibit, relax, be yourself and smile at everyone who goes past. Shake hands, be friendly and keen to meet people and they’ll be attracted to you.
Prepare to build and increase your brand exposure at expos with Red Roo. Our expert team can assist you through every step of the process, from signage to uniforms to branded promotional products.
Check out some of Red Roo’s exclusive range of customised solutions and speak with our team to get personalised recommendations relevant to your line of business and industry.